Best Practices for iLearn Exams
Student Best Practices
- If you have been working in iLearn on other course work, close the browser down and start a new session before starting the test.
- Clear your browser’s cache (i.e., temporary Internet files and cookies) before starting an exam.
- Close all other applications; particularly instant message applications.
- Try to avoid waiting until the last minute to take an exam. If you experience technical issues, it may take some time to resolve the problem, so always allow plenty of time to complete the test.
- Once you have entered the test, do not leave until it is finished.
- If an issue arises during the test, immediately notify your instructor and Tech Support.
- Avoid using iPhone, iPod Touch, Netbooks, or other hand held devices to take the test.
- Maximize the browser window and do not resize or refresh during the test.
- Do not use the browser navigation buttons; use the navigation buttons provided within the test.
- Avoid using the ENTER key, arrow keys, and mouse scroll wheel. Use the browsers scroll bar and navigation buttons provided within the test.
- Do not double click test links or buttons (single click only).
- Do not click outside the test area. For example, do not click on Blackboard course menus links such as Assignments or Announcements.
- Do not answer any questions until the entire test has loaded. You can follow the download progress by monitoring the browsers status bar indicator found at the bottom of the page.
- Type answers to essay questions in WordPad or Notepad then copy and paste the answers into the text fields provided for each essay question. This way, you have a copy of your answers just in case you lose your Internet connection and need to re-take the test. DO NOT USE MS WORD! If you paste directly from MS Word, you will bring in some HTML coding that could interfere with the instructor viewing the answer to the essay question or the rest of the test.
- When the test questions are presented one at a time, do not click the save button, the answer is saved when you use the navigation buttons within the test.
- At the end of the test, make sure you click the Submit button, not the Save button. Only Submit will send the completed test to the instructor. Click the Submit button only ONCE. If your Internet connection is slow, you may think the test is not being sent, wait three to five minutes for a confirmation that the test was received.